Monday, April 15, 2013

Theories

This week we learned about different theories in the family. All of the theories are driven rules.

conflict theory (inequality)
     *mom, dad and the kids get their way
     *one person always gives in
symbolic theory (interactions with others)
     *We learn most of our rules through our symbols
     *What your parents do, you expect from others
exchange theory (you owe me)
     *doesn't always mean selfish
     *suggesting behaviors by explanations
Family systems (intimate group, rules, everyone affects each other)
     *not just one person
     *affects others around you
I learned that my relationships are driven by my feelings of satisfaction and pleasure. Sometimes I have to wonder if I am giving as much as I am getting. The more I learn about family relations, the more I understand my parents and my own parenting.    

No comments:

Post a Comment