Monday, April 15, 2013

Challenges with a blended family

Husband and wife need to have boundaries and counsels of clear ways to communicate with the children. My husband comes from a blended family and he was an only child for 9 years until the first half sibling came along. I see ways in which they struggle and other ways that they don't. His dad has since divorced his step mom and is living with someone else. This is very hard and frustrating to watch.

National Data from census: 62% of children end up spending time with people other than their biological parents. this statistic is sad for me to see. I would never want my own children to think that I don't care for them or that someone else is mom or dad.

Treating the remarried family (Book)
     *It takes 2 years to adjust to each other
     *birth parents need to handle the discipline
     *step parent/adoptive parent need to be a really good aunt/uncle to the children
     *The parents need to have counsels and discussions about the children
I think these are all very important things that we need to remember. I hope that I never find myself in a situation where I am having to do this.

*If you slow down the process of a divorce, less divorces happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment