Monday, April 15, 2013

Preparing for marriage

This week was a great week in class because I am married so it is easy to see where I went wrong or things I didn't do when preparing. I have a great marriage though so even though I didn't follow the "steps" needed, I think I still did alright.

R.A.M.
   Relationship Attachment Model

know-trust-rely-commit-touch
     All of these things need to go at the same pace. You can't have more of one or else it throws things off. In order to develop all aspects of a good relation ship, we must have all things at the same level. Relationships are destiny to fail if one develops much faster then others. In order to have a successful relationship that will lead to a life long marriage, we must follow these and keep them all at the same level.

We also talked about the 3 P's of dating
  *Planned/preside
  *Paid for/provide
  *Paired off/protect


Brother Williams put up a great power point for Take back the date!!
     *I-date buttons
          -I date my wife
          -I date my mom
          -Date me
          -Date me, Please
          -Date me, now
This was funny yet put out a really great point. We get focused on what we are looking for rather than focusing on your own qualities. The more we learn, the more we realize what our Heavenly father has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment