Saturday, May 4, 2013

Paul's 2nd mission

Acts 16 & 18

            1. Trace Paul’s second missionary journey from Bible Map 13. List the names of four cities he visited, to whom he later wrote epistles. Read Acts 16:6–10; 18:9–11. Write a paragraph explaining the different ways the Holy Ghost directed Paul and his companions during their journey. Write a second paragraph describing how the Spirit has directed your missionary efforts, and one way you could be more directed by the Spirit in your life.

                 *Macedoni
                 *Philippi
                 *Athens
                 *Galatia

The Holy Ghost directed Paul in his companions by omitting himself from their presence. Paul was directed by the spirit to not go and preach the gospel in Asia. He was also told where to go to do the most good. A vision came to Paul of a man praying for them to come to Macedonia and they immediately went there.  Both times in a vision Paul was led and told where to go to preach and where not to go.


For me personally I try my best to ask those to join me in church. I remember growing up I babysat for a lady that lived next to us. I brought her kids to church with me every Sunday to be an example to her. She never did join the church and neither did either of her two boys. Even though they did not, I feel as though I left an impression in their hearts. Sometimes being a missionary is hard and you will not always find those who are willing to accept the gospel. I remember many times getting letters from my brother who did or who are currently serving missions and the heartache that comes when someone chooses not to join. I try to be an example to my husband and children as well. I invite others to come to church with me.  



2.   Review Acts 16:9–33. Make a list of the reasons Paul was able to preach the gospel so effectively. 
                      *Paul follows promptings immediately
                      *Searched for those that were ready for the Gospel & talked to those around        
                        him
                      * He withstood trial and rejection on more than one occasion
                      *Paul didn't lose faith and hope and he testified with power of Christ

      **In what ways did Paul turn his experiences into missionary opportunities?
                 When Paul could have escaped from the jail after the earthquake he didn't  he set his own life aside in order to preach the gospel. It would have been so easy for him to just go however he knew that he had the opportunity to teach and he did not pass that up. 
     **What can you learn from Paul’s missionary experiences?
                  I can learn to never give up hope. I can try to better understand the scriptures so that I can teach others. I should not be afraid to teach those around me or those that may ask questions. He taught me that I need to be a better missionary in my home and teach my young children that they can be missionaries right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment